http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Life as Japronika knows...: A poem by Afroblues
[ Background by www.nuthinbutnet.net ]

Thursday, June 30

A poem by Afroblues




A Question to My Sisters from Afroblues

Are you the one they call peaches and cream so I can feel the softness of your skin?
Are you the one they call African queen so I can taste your voluptuous lips in my mouth, deep in my tongue?
Are you the one that’s going to penetrate my soul
be my music and my wind beneath my wings?
Are you my brown sugar?
My sweet apple-pie-le mode?
My chocolate mocha?


OR


Are you the one that talk about “Black men ain’t S@#t, Men are drama, they sit around all day, waiting for some @SS”,
You frustrated, and telling your girl “A good man is hard to find and you’re tire of dealing with the pimpology line”
I know it’s hard!
Because I feel your pain!
cause in this love game TRUST is hard to earn or gain!
Promises are fake,
But this ain’t about game,
This is about understanding the wound of a Black man and notion of a real man, so you can tell all your girlfriends!!
And I will tell my brothers to wake up and If they don’t know how to love a woman, I’ll tell them to ask God how to love a woman” or ask God “How to be a real man”.
So, they can stand tall, with pride and dignity.
Instead of being macho clown pimping at the club lounge,.. Talking about “What’s up Ma, what color is your thong”?


So, Sisters,



Visions of beauty!
I am looking for some comprehending, see my reasoning and wanting to actually, question.

.Are you my African queen…?
The Queen, that’s going to give me warming sheet, in the freezing night, while I caress your inner spirit with my arm,!
The Queen I saw in my dream, with brown-eyes, smiling from the moon!
The Queen they call “Queen of Erotic blues”, with a sweet talk that makes my body quiver, thinking of your smile, while driving on I-95, but forgot to head South to go home,
Because thoughts of passage of my tongue in your ebony fruits, affecting my driving.


But first, tell me, sister, are you my Amazon Queen?
OR

Are you the one that talk about “If you want to be with me, I need some money to pay my bills, feed three of my kids and I am still with two of my baby-daddies”.



OR



Are you the one that talk about “What’s love got to do with it, because all I want is your ride, boo!…. so, quick, tripping”.
So, tell me now or never, are you my African Queen!
Because I am tired of sitting at the Jazz Poetry Café, listening to Sade, “The Sweetest Taboo”, and wondering when a real woman will come soon?
I am tired of going to weddings, wearing my Fubu-tuxedo, listening to I do” and I am not even the groom!

So, are you the one!.... and if you are the one?
Let’s say, we get situated, things get coordinated and eventually we get married!!!
Are you going to respect me as a man?
Are you going to be submissive? With no mistaken as being my slave,
But respect my authority as a man of God,
And if the word “Submissive” is uncomfortable to your spirit
About the word “Respect your man when he’s talking”,
“Listen to your man” As long as he is a real man of God,
Who knows how to treat a woman?
I mean, are you going to allow me to play my role, ‘cause I know the national Slogan of the 21st century is “Independent Woman”, with all statements like “I don’t need a man to make me happy”, “I got my own car”, “I paid my own bills”,
I don’t ask men for S@#T,”



Damn, so, if that’s the case, when we together, what do you need me for?
Ain’t nothing wrong being independent,
But are there any boundaries?
cause all I want is for us to stick together,
Respect and cherish each other,
So, our souls can survive in this love show,
I am sick and tired of all the issues and it’s so confuse,
And somehow, we forgot to look into each other essence and love God first,
So, we can learn to love ourselves and Love our people!
And love our Black children, and love anybody else who’s God Children.


But in the mean time, Sister,
I need to know, if you the one they call “Peaches and Creams”?
The one they call Queen of Erotic blues, Sister of Midnight Blues, because if you are,
Then, I’d be your smooth operator in your wet dream,
I will kiss all the apple pies in the garden of your body,
Kiss your mind with intellectual Kisses,
And kissing your spirit, with Heaven poetry,
Supply your soul to the infinity, and just be your true-noble-African-King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >
adopt your own virtual pet!

- Harder Days
music video code by powered by
youstation.com


My blog is worth $4,516.32.
How much is your blog worth?